Submersible pumps are found in many applications and can be installed at a dredger or act independently. The submersible slurry pump is different from normal submersible pumps due to the high wear resistance. In addition, it does not retain particles as quickly, making it extremely suitable for pumping liquids with a solid substance. This can be, for example, gravel, copper or sand.
Application for used submersible slurry pumps
Submersible pumps are very reliable and able to operate very well in harsh conditions. Due to these properties, submersible pumps are used in the following applications:
- Dredging: Used submersible slurry pumps are used for dredging rivers and ports. The composition of the pumps allows them to easily handle liquids with a high solids content.
- Mining: Used submersible slurry pumps are used for mining. This is because they can withstand harsh conditions. Mine water contains a lot of acid and suspended substances.
- Oil and Gas: Used submersible slurry pumps are often used in oil and gas industry. The submersible pumps are very suitable for pumping large quantities of liquid for a low production price. In addition, they can withstand high temperatures and pressures very well.
Suitable for problems at home
Do you suffer from a flooded basement, do you want to drain a pond? Then used submersible slurry pumps are the solution you are looking for. Because they work great underwater, you can simply place them in a basement or pond to remove the water. Submersible pumps are also perfect for emptying your swimming pool. In addition, they are very easy to use and often weigh almost nothing.
Suitable for Underwater operations
Single stage pumps are used for drainage, sewage pumping, general industrial pumping and slurry pumping. Multiple stage submersible pumps are typically lowered down a borehole. In addition, submersible pumps are also suitable for fighting forest fires. This is because the pump cable has a fire-retardant effect. This makes used submersible pumps very suitable for forest fire operations. Also, the pumps are widely used in hazardous locations used for flammable liquids, such as oil platforms.
Benefits of used submersible slurry pumps
Using submersible water pumps can offer some advantages over other types of pumps. Here are some benefits of using used submersible water pumps:
- Efficiency: When the pump is submerged, the liquid exerts pressure on the inlet of the pump. As a result, less energy is required to move the liquid through the pump.
- Noise: Because the pump is submerged, there is no noise nuisance. This makes it very suitable for busy environments.
- Cavitation: A common problem with centrifugal pumps and other types of positive displacement pumps is cavitation. Because submersible pumps are completely submerged in the liquid, they are not susceptible to cavitation.
- Priming: Submersible pumps work below the surface of the liquid. As a result, they do not need to be primed.
More information about used submersible slurry pumps?
Do you have any questions about the submersible slurry pumps shown? Or do you want more information about selling your own submersible pumps on our website? Easily create, an account and start selling. With our range of services, we can help you in different ways. Please contact us for more information.